Saturday, August 1, 2009

Really?! Yes, REALLY!!!

No, thats not a Q-tip. Its actually a newer version of the wish making 8-ball but it only answers in YES and NOs. Its exactly what you think it is and its the exciting news we've been anxiously awaiting for! Need I say more?

For those of you reading this I only ask one favor... PLEASE (if you are family) do not reveal this exciting news to anyone. If they choose not to read the blog than they will happily be in the dark until Christmas when we all gather together to throw snowballs at one another, drink hot chocolate and watch all the little ones do silly things! Can't wait to see y'all at Aspen Grove in just a few short months.

Here's the news: Katie was starting to show signs of her previous pregnancy shortly after I got home. Heightened sense of smell (which isn't always great), urge to eat unusual things she normally doesn't get on a normal basis, a ton of body discomfort, thankfully no constant sickness/illness this time (so no morning sickness yet) and many other signs. Last week I went to the store to get lost and constantly call Katie to figure things out but to also buy a store bought test kit. Last Saturday morning around 0630 in the morning I remember waking up to poking in my shoulder. Sure enough, what you see in that picture was no more than mere inches from my nose when I rolled over and looked up. Katie was beaming, as she ought to be, and I was elated. I told her I was excited, congratulated her and rolled my elated body over and knocked out again. Caleb is so excited about being a big brother! I don't think he quite knows what it entails but he'll have a lifetime to figure it out in just under nine months. What an awesome surprise to have after shortly returning home from training for nearly a year. We'll keep you all posted as we start finding more out. The due date is set for Caleb's birthday (April 5) but likely won't happen because of blood pressure issues so we're thinking a March baby sometime.

Also, keep your fingers crossed for us... we are hoping for a girl. We've got names picked out already whether its a boy or a girl. Whoohoo! Family of four here we come!











































7 comments:

Karli said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! Don't worry, I won't tell any of your family or friends! :)

Ben said...

Nice ... and your secret's only marginally safe with me :)

Congratulations to you both!

Alex said...

Congrats Neal, and family! Thats so exciting!!!

Cherie said...

Oh boy! I mean, oh girl! That's just fantastic news. It's nice to see something great coming your way after that long year. Good luck to Katie! I had preeclampsia too and I know how dang fun it can be. They say that you're less likely to have it with your second pregnancy, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya'll.

Emery said...

wahoo! i'm so excited for you guys! congratulations. my lips are sealed...but i can't wait to find out more! wishing katie good health and comfort throughout. love you all!

Jody said...

Congratulations to you and your family! How exciting!

Sarah Heder said...

Such exciting news! So happy for you guys!