Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Garage's Echo

Katie got home a bit late tonight. She home schools a sweet little girl in her fifth grade class that has a heart problem and can't actually be at school right now.

After she got home we plopped on down to watch tonight's episode of Glee! Katie and Caleb treated themselves to popsicles from the fridge after dinner. Katie's was wonderfully cold and normal. Caleb's ended up exploding bits and pieces all over himself and me when he opened his. It was quite the sight. We both shared a silly little chuckle. Katie finished her snack quickly and Caleb handed me the rest of what he couldn't finish... which was most of it. The kid eats like a bird. Sheesh!

In the middle of "Sweet Caroline" on Glee we heard Caleb shouting that he couldn't throw the garbage away. These were his exact words: "Help! My arms aren't long enough. I can't reach the garbage can." I'm sorry if you don't find that funny but Katie and I were crying by the time I walked out there to help him out and throw my own popsicle stick away. He came in and we just looked at him and laughed again. What a silly kid.

In Caleb's own words I ask, "What's going to happen next?"

3 comments:

Emery said...

cute, cute. i love it when the kids leave us breathless with laughter.

Dad said...

That is soooo Caleb... what a joy he is!! I'm so glad he makes you giggle, laugh and cry! He reminds me of you Neal... and some of the silly, simple things you did that brought us such joy!! Keep up the good training mom and dad... and keep reporting your "Glee"!!

Chelsea said...

Neal! Remember me? Chelsea Dursteler? How are you? I was trying to find you on Facebook and ended up finding your blog. Your family is so cute! My family is cute also! Three kids and living in Las Vegas. Where are you guys? Email me!