Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Adventures in the Aquarium

This little Rogers' clan decided to visit the Aquarium this past Saturday in Sandy. Overall, it entertained Daddy more than anyone as he ran around trying to get pictures of all these crazy sea critters and tiring Katie and Caleb out as they dragged me from the aquarium to lunch.


With all the excitement Mr. Daddy is most anxious to get a newer and better camera. Most of these sea-living creatures don't have enough manners to sit still while a picture is being taken of them so we weren't able to get as many pictures as we (or rather, daddy) wanted. We had plenty of fun seeing what is around in the aquarium plus all the animals/reptiles that were shown in the South America exibit. Next week will be a shark exibit and I hope the family is as excited as me to get back down and see some fresh faces. Smile and show all those pretty teeth! Here are a few of the fun pics I ended up taking before the family had me dragged out at the threat of having no lunch.


The one picture I was not able to capture was the majesty of the anaconda. It was amazing to look at from above the water but the power it carries could not be seen until you looked under the water to see it in its full glory. It was awesome to see it wrapped around itself patiently awaiting the time it decided it wanted to snack again. I'm just happy I'll never have to wrestle something like that. We'll leave that to the family champs... Greg and Scott.

1 comment:

Dad said...

It is frustrating when your quarry just won't stand/swim "still"! It helps with a flash, but I think you said you couldn't use a flash. Keep practicing... takes lots of photos, and some will turn out the way you want. Much love, dad